STACS BLOCKCHAIN MODEL
How do Financial Institutions fit into the STACS Ecosystem with Blockchain?
STACS Permissioned-Global Networks
Experience synergies in shared networks while preserving proprietary data
Native STACS Scenarios
- An individual Bank A (ie. Native STACS 1 and 2).
- A group of separate Banks A, B and C (ie. Native STACS 3) together
- Read-veto access rights can be configured for the Regulator (ie. Native STACS 4), in a digital ecosystem with an Exchange, Central Securities Depository and supporting institutions
- Permitted access can be given to other participants joining the ecosystem (ie. Native STACS 3 and 4).
Global STACS Scenarios
Market participants can experience synergies in shared networks while preserving proprietary data. Moreover, where needed, a permissioned blockchain (ie. a standalone Native STACS) can be plugged to other permissioned blockchains.
Focused on Integration
Ready-Made Platforms for Capital Markets
Catering solutions to fit the entire securities lifecycle
STACS Competitive Advantages
Designed for Finance
- Governance Policy
- Production Ready
- Transaction Finality, Immutability, Orderly
- Digital Fingerprint
- Integration Focused
- High Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Each node has programmable business logic, based on Java, to ensure adaptable access controls for changing enterprise needs – including privacy, eligibility, permissions, digital identity, domains and other business parameters.
- Java was chosen as a stable, established, secure programming language with a global developer base.
- The STACS Network is customisable to the requirements of individual institutions and business requirements, without affecting other participants of the chain network.
- STACS SDK Environment is capable of hosting and managing multiple dApps, enabling institutions and external developers to custom-build business applications on top of STACS to scale their business needs, based on open-source SDKs and APIs.
- STACS offers speed-to-market within 3 months by deploying a production-ready underlying ledger, connected together with business-ready supporting enterprise applications, to enable a transaction on the blockchain for business conduct.
- Rather than relying on third-party developers to build costly applications, STACS can provide the market-ready full range of applications.
- STACS 3.0 achieves transaction finality with our unique consensus algorithm based on a combination of RAFT and PBFT. STACS also offers the customized version of DPOS.
- STACS 3.0 has a strict lineage order with regards to transaction executions
- STACS 3.0 provides immutable records for audit trail and data transparency, through a smart contract layer built on Solidity
- The on-chain Digital Fingerprint profile enables the on-chain enforcement of transactions and conditions through smart contracts.
- For instance, the asset’s transferability and trade eligibility will be based on the investor’s suitability or KYC/AML standards, while being in compliance with regulations.
- Staying within data privacy laws, personal information will not be published on-chain.
STACS co-develops use cases with financial institutions to ensure they are meaningful for the industry.
- Integrated with existing financial platforms and supporting standards
- Interoperable with other blockchain ledgers – Solidity smart contracts supported, Cross-chain functionality supported with Hyperledger Fabric and Quorum today.
- Integration of STACS Ecosystems – Native STACS ecosystems are integrated with each other through Global STACS layer
A participating organisation in the network can host multiple nodes under one domain.
- Should a node fail in a High Availability (HA) scenario, other nodes will take over. Consensus integrity is maintained with one vote per domain.
- Node Failover handles Disaster Recovery (DR) which also allows entire network to maintain high uptime service levels