Backend Software Engineer Intern
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer Intern to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team who is passionate about designing and building great user facing features. You will work in a cross disciplinary setting with both product owners and frontend engineers to enable our Enterprise clients to complete their functional workload on our ESG platform.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on backend engineer who has a strong background in Java and has worked with many types of RESTful APIs. You will have the opportunity to design and implement backend workflows with an API-first approach for the capital markets and ESG (green financing) sector. You should also have a strong background in web security. You can expect to work with many Cloud-based tools (AWS Cloud) and be open to learning new tools. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision in an Agile environment.
You will be a key contributor in transforming the way capital markets of today and green financing of tomorrow function with the web-based frontend applications you build together with internal stakeholders ranging from Customer Success to the Product team.
What’s it like being an intern at STACS? Watch to learn more: #InternSpotlight
Your core responsibilities
- Full software development lifecycle from translating requirements into technical specifications, implementing software code, checking in code for peer review and troubleshooting
- Designing and implementing Java code for a modern cloud-based environment using Object Oriented Programming principles
- Implement and interface with REST APIs with Java
- Design and interface with relational databases such as MySQL and noSQL databases such as DynamoDB
- Basic understanding of code version control systems such as Git
- Prior experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Strong understanding of work with AWS or other cloud providers (experience is a plus)
What You Will Need to Thrive
- Values teamwork above all
- Natural curiosity to learn
- Loves to work with code
- Intrinsically motivated personality
- High adaptability and strong problem-solving skills
- Customer focused mindset
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence