Backend Software Engineer (SG or Remote)
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team who is passionate about designing and building scalable products for the emerging ESG fintech industry. You can expect to improve the scalability and performance of existing backend systems to deliver a top in class user experience for our clients.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on builder with a strong interest in building scalable and high-performance products. You must have strong, first-hand technical expertise with Java and be able to translate technical requirements into efficient code. You can expect to work with many Cloud-based Tools (AWS Cloud) and be open to learning new tools and integrating cloud services to our platform. You should also have a strong background in web security and role-based access control. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision in an Agile environment.
You will be a key contributor in transforming the way capital markets of today function with the core platform you build together with internal stakeholders ranging from Customer Success to the Product team.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing business logic with Java that is scalable and highly performant.
Your core reponsibilities
- Responsible for the technical design and development of our product services
- Write reliable, scalable, production-quality code
- Solve challenging problems with code by analyzing business and technical requirements
- Optimize backend systems and services for data security, modularity, and efficiency
- Work with a cross disciplinary team to build a great product
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- >2 years of software engineering experience
- Experience in Java Spring Boot
- Experience working with a variety of relational and key-value or NoSQL databases (MySQL, Redis)
- Experience developing high performing APIs
- Experience in client-side frameworks is a plus (ReactJS preferred)
- Familiarity with DevOps tools like Docker, Kubernetes is a plus
- Strong understanding of working with AWS (experience is a plus)
- Heavy interest in the emerging ESG fintech industry
- High adaptability and strong problem-solving skills
What You Will Need To Thrive
- Value teamwork above all.
- Natural curiosity to learn.
- Loves to work with code.
- Intrinsically motivated personality.
- High adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence.