DevOps Lead Engineer (Remote)
We are looking for a DevOps Lead Engineer specializing in Kubernetes to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team and contribute to the reliability, scalability, and security of our STACS blockchain infrastructure. You can look forward to working on both cloud and on-premise infrastructures to support our managed STACS blockchain infrastructure and live platform solutions.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on engineer with a strong interest in implementing DevOps procedures to ensure the smooth deployment of cloud and on-premise software. You must have strong, first-hand technical expertise with Kubernetes and Java applications with a passion for automation. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision in an Agile environment.
You will be a key contributor in transforming the way capital markets of today function with the blockchain you build together with internal stakeholders ranging from Customer Success to the Product team.
As a DevOps Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for designing and implementing automated deployment solutions and monitoring tools on a wide variety of platforms ranging from cloud to on-premise data centers. You can expect to work with large financial institutions and design deployment solutions with their requirements.
Your core responsibilities:
- Design and deploy automation tools, monitoring, logging, configuration, service discovery required for the core STACS blockchain platform
- Improve/redesign the current deployment stack with the best tools for ensuring security, high availability, and resiliency
- Orchestrate the deployment process with Kubernetes and work with containers (Java)
- Create CI/CD Pipelines
- Develop scripts to automate work processes
- Setup and manage log and configuration tools
- Deployment and Monitoring of the core blockchain technology stack in a cloud environment such as AWS or in a client on-prem data center
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- Highly experienced with container and orchestration technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, etc) with at least 3 years of experience
- Expertise in configuring and running a CI/CD platform (Jenkins, etc)
- Experienced in configuration management tools (Ansible, Puppet, etc)
- Experienced in log management tools (Prometheus, etc)
- Experience scaling and automating secure infrastructure with no single point of failure (Terraform, Cloud formation, etc)
- Scripting Knowledge in Bash
- Proficient in working with Middleware systems (Tomcat, Weblogic) and Java based applications
- Experience with 1 or more cloud platforms (AWS is a plus)
- Understanding of networking protocols (sockets, HTTP, TCP/IP)
- Exposure to 1 or more cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
What You Will Need to Thrive
- Value teamwork above all.
- Natural curiosity to learn.
- Loves to work with code.
- Intrinsically motivated personality.
- High adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence.