Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Business Development Manager
STACS is a fast-growing fintech company and we are looking for a passionate ESG Business Development Manager to join our rapidly expanding company in our efforts to create a Sustainable future.
You will be primarily responsible for promoting ESGpedia, our Greenprint ESG Registry and its related services to current and target clients such as financial institutions, large multinational corporations, non-profit organizations, data services providers, academic institutions, and/or governments. As our ESG solutions form an integrated nexus within the MAS Project Greenprint, you will have the exciting opportunity to represent STACS and work with key industry players and global stakeholders whom we are already involved with. You will assist in identifying key decision makers and influencers of target prospects and execute an outreach strategy collaboratively with strategy, product management, marketing functions etc.
ESGpedia aims to provide accessibility to quality ESG data of various industry sectors through an aggregated platform. This includes sector-specific ESG certifications and real-time processed data from other integrated sectoral platforms. ESGpedia is built using STACS blockchain technology, which provides immutability and digitalisation as a single source of truth. Through APIs, ESGpedia supports various downstream financial services applications such as Green and Sustainable finance, carbon credits and portfolio monitoring for financial institutions.
Your contribution and dedication to your role is thereby critical as you have a direct impact on the world of Sustainable and ESG Finance. You will lead from the front and impact future growth. In doing so you will help clients to fulfill their Sustainability needs with our innovative ESG solutions.
As a key player within the business development team, you will have the opportunity to work with our major clients and partners. This is a great opportunity for you to grow professionally as well as contribute to the growth of the STACS ESG and Sustainable business.
We value partnership, and it is crucial that you are a great teammate to be successful within our organization. We reward hard work, dedication, and self-starters. We believe that no one part is more valuable than the sum of the whole; we need everyone to achieve our goals.
You will be responsible for business development activities and initiatives such as, but not limited to:
- Extensive outreach to promote STACS ESG Registry and drive adoption of use
- Constantly engage clientele and partners with our latest news and developments
- Be able to present at business meetings with senior level executives of organizations
- Propose workable and attractive solutions to client to achieve win-win situations
- Actively follow up on leads and opportunities and push for closing to achieve growth and revenue targets
- Lead and coordinate business meetings
- Maintain focused approach to daily sales activities, pipelines and reporting
- Undertake and lead individual tasks of a business development strategy as assigned
- Represent STACS at industry events and conferences
- Stay up to date on industry specific ESG knowledge necessary to have credible diagnostic conversations
You should expect your role to evolve during your time at STACS, with plenty of growth potential and opportunities.
- On-the-ground sales/business development experience and proven relevant track-record. ESG/Sustainable Finance experience will be preferred
- Passionate about ESG, sustainability and going Green
- Ability to lead discussions and represent the company on ESG to financial institutions, government bodies, large corporates. Background experience and knowledge on ESG, financial markets are crucial
- Vibrant, warm personality who enjoys networking and business development
- Natural flair for business presentations and clear ideas articulation, with excellent writing skills to steer growth and direction in ESG
- Bachelor/Master’s Degree from a recognized institute, preferably specializing in Business/Banking/Environmental Science related disciplines
- Independent, self-motivated, results oriented and enthusiastic team player with a positive, “can do” attitude
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Excel is required
What You Will Need to Thrive
- Values teamwork above all
- Natural curiosity to learn
- Intrinsically motivated personality
- Strong communication skills
- Empathy and customer relationship management skills
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence
- Professional in business conduct
- Not afraid of long hours when necessary; able to handle stress well and maintain a positive mindset throughout