Senior Performance QA Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Performance QA Engineer specializing in Performance Testing and QA on high availability platforms to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team and contribute to the reliability, scalability, and stability of our STACS blockchain infrastructure. You can look forward to working on the STACS live institutional platform solutions, an infrastructure of high-performance enterprise grade platforms.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on QA engineer with a strong interest in applying their performance testing experience in the blockchain space. You must have strong, first-hand technical expertise with automated testing tools and the performance testing lifecycle. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision in an Agile environment.
You will be a key contributor in transforming the way capital markets of today function with the blockchain you build together with internal stakeholders ranging from DevOps to the Development team.
As a Performance QA engineer, you will be responsible for creating and executing appropriate quality plans, test strategies and methodology to propose solutions and improvements to the platform.
You will work closely with the Solutions Architect Director to plan performance improvement strategies in both DevOps and Development roadmaps.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Collaborate with DevOps and Development teams to identify system requirements and design performance tests
- Plan the methodology and design test strategies for testing load, stress, latency, soak and stability as part of the CI/CD pipeline following Agile methods
- Execute various performance tests and drill into performance issues to identify root issues and suggest fixes
- Write automation scripts to automate the testing lifecycle
- Experience in manual testing and automation testing
- Analyze root causes and propose solutions to improve the overall platform performance
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
- 3 to 5 years of experience on end-to-end performance testing lifecycle on High Availability Enterprise platforms
- In Depth knowledge and experience working with tools such as JMeter, LoadRunner
- Experience in defining metrics, conducting analysis and reporting results
- Experience in functional, black-box testing, regression testing, system integration testing, load testing
- Proficiency with Linux
- Proficiency with scripting languages such as Bash
- Java coding skills and experience
- Strong interest in the growing blockchain space
- Ability to conduct OS performance profiling is a plus
- Experience with 1 or more cloud platforms (AWS is a plus)
- Experience with distributed platforms is a plus
What You Will Need to Thrive
- Value teamwork above all
- Natural curiosity to learn
- Loves to work with code
- Intrinsically motivated personality
- High adaptability and strong problem-solving skills
- Customer focused mindset
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence