STACS is a fast growing fintech company and we are looking for a Software Engineer to join our rapidly expanding Engineering team and contribute to the next generation of STACS institutional live cloud-based fintech platform solutions.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on builder with a strong interest in building scalable cloud platforms to solve real world problems of the financial industry. They must have strong, first-hand technical expertise in the full stack ranging from the frontend to the database and is able to work comfortably with RESTful APIs. They must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision in an Agile environment.
You will be a key contributor in changing the way capital markets of today function with the platforms you build together with internal stakeholders ranging from Customer Success to the Product team.
Your Core Responsibilities
- Write reliable, scalable, production-quality code
- Develop cloud-based web applications using modern frameworks
- Develop APIs in a microservice architecture in an Agile environment
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team bringing customer insight, design, data analytics together to develop new product features that solve real world customer problems
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering or related fields
- > 1–year experience with client-side frameworks (e.g. ReactJS, VueJS)
- > 1-year experience with server–side service development
- Prior experience with relational databases (e.g. MySQL)
- Prior experience working with REST APIs, preferably ability to design and implement with scale
- Strong understanding of NOSQL databases (e.g. DynamoDB, MongoDB)
- Strong understanding of work with AWS or other cloud providers (experience is a plus)
Hybrid or remote arrangements are available
What You Will Need to Thrive
- Value teamwork above all
- Natural curiosity to learn
- Loves to work with code
- Intrinsically motivated personality
- High adaptability and strong problem-solving skills
- Customer focused mindset
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence