Strategic Partnership Trainee
STACS (Hashstacs Pte Ltd) is a Singapore FinTech firm with a Vision to provide Transformative Technology for the Financial Industry, with its complete infrastructure of ready platforms that make global markets simpler. STACS is leading the way forward by digitalizing assets, processes, and documents using its proprietary STACS Blockchain technology. Its clients and partners include global investment banks, national stock exchanges, custodian banks, asset managers, and private banks.
STACS is an Award Winner of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) Global FinTech Innovation Challenge Awards 2020, a technology partner of Project Ubin led by MAS, and also a two-times awardee of the Financial Sector Technology and Innovation (FSTI) Proof of Concept (POC) grant, under the Financial Sector Development Fund administered by MAS. STACS remains committed to its Mission to empower financial institutions to discover new opportunities through technology.
STACS is a fast-growing fintech company and we are looking for a research analyst to change the world together with us.
Is the role glamourous? Perhaps, because you will meet some truly amazing folks with views and ideas that you could never begin to fathom. You will have the unique opportunity to play a key strategic role in changing the way the capital markets of today function and creating new solutions for the banks and stock exchanges. However, there will also be the pressure to prove your worth to the team, clients, and most importantly, yourself.
So besides some late nights spent on research and keeping up with the steep learning curve, be prepared for tough hours, plenty of calls & emails, meetings, research research research, presentations, and preparing materials for the team. Everything and anything, getting your hands dirty and going above and beyond to get stuff done while helping to build the future of capital markets.
Industry: Capital Markets, Financial Industry, Fintech/Blockchain
You will be responsible for research activities and initiatives such as, but not limited to:
- Perform quantitative and qualitative analysis on the company, industry research, business strategies, and peer comparisons
- Create methodology selection, data collection and historical analysis of stock data (price movement, average trading volume, etc)
- Creation of presentation materials for management
- Documents preparation for license application
- Undertake individual business development tasks as assigned
- 2nd year and above, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, or relevant analytical disciplines.
- Enthusiasm for research which may be demonstrated by previous internship experience and/or personal investing
- Interest in blockchain is a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint and Excel
What You Will Need to Thrive
- Values teamwork above all
- Natural curiosity to learn
- Intrinsically motivated personality
- Strong communication skills
- Empathy and customer relationship management skills
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence
- Professional in business conduct
- Not afraid of long hours when necessary; able to handle stress well and maintain a positive attitude