Strategy and Business Development Associate
Hashstacs Pte Ltd (“STACS”) – A Singapore-headquartered fintech firm which provides distributed ledger technology solutions for the financial world. With the inevitable market evolution, our technology bridges traditional finance, commercial markets and Blockchain, while incorporating regulatory requirements. Our vision is to be the underlying Distributed Ledger Technology on which Financial Market Infrastructure is built upon.
Hashstacs is a fast-growing fintech company and we are looking for a Strategy and Business Development Associate to change the world together with us. You will report to the Director of Strategy, and you will also be expected to work with various cross-functional internal stakeholders across different functions spanning Business Development, Product, and Marketing.
Is the role glamourous? Perhaps, because you will meet some truly amazing folks with views and ideas that you could never begin to fathom. You will have the unique opportunity to play a key strategic role in changing the way the capital markets of today function while creating new solutions for investment banks and stock exchanges. However, there will also be the pressure to prove your worth to the team, clients, and most importantly, yourself.
So besides some late nights spent on research and keeping up with the steep learning curve, be prepared for tough hours, plenty of calls & emails, meetings, research research research, presentations, and preparing materials for the team. Basically, everything and anything, getting your hands dirty and going above and beyond to get stuff done, while helping to build the future of capital markets.
You will be responsible for the below initiatives:
Strategy Development and Research
- Conduct market research, tracking and compiling industry and geographical trends
- Conduct business analysis of potential market entry and buildup of new product segments
Execution of Business Development and Strategic Projects
- Support Head of BD in designing market entry plans into new geographies, including strategic partnership discussion with external partners
- Support Product Team in the design of new product segments and leverage on existing resources to test out hypotheses
- Support Director of Strategy in company strategic initiatives such as license and/or sandbox application, grants and external fundraising
Corporate Strategy Formulation
- Support efforts to create a well-coordinated and comprehensive Company and Country Strategy for Hashstacs, accounting for Hashstacs’s strengths and external environment, while positioning for Hashstacs’ longer business roadmap
- Support the annual corporate strategy and planning process, including (i) driving discussions with stakeholders to set out strategic choices, make clear tradeoffs, prioritization and foster alignment; and (ii) projecting and aligning stakeholders on company-level goals
- Support the monitoring of teams’ progress against committed targets in regular reviews, to ensure accountability
What you will need to thrive:
- Values teamwork above
- Natural curiosity to
- Intrinsically motivated
- Strong communication
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and
- Professional in business
- Not afraid of long hours when necessary; able to handle stress well and maintain a positive attitude.
Direct reports to
Reporting: You will report to Director of Strategy and you will also be assigned a buddy mentor
Immediate with opportunities for full time employment based on performance