We are looking for an Engineering Technical Lead to lead a team of software engineers and work closely with our Product team to build and scale our ESG fintech platform. You will lead and build a team of high performing engineers who will be able to deliver quality code that meet business requirements.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on builder with a strong interest in building a scalable and production-grade platform with proven experience in people management. You must have strong, first-hand technical expertise with Java and have a track record of developing high performing teams capable of solving complex problems with efficient solutions. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision in an Agile environment balancing priority between people, product and technology.
As an Engineering Technical Lead, you will be responsible for guiding and mentoring your team of top engineering talents to deliver high impact features and solutions to solve business problems in collaboration with the Product team and other stakeholders.
Your core responsibilities:
- Develop engineering strategy and roadmap for rapid scaling and innovation
- Collaborate effectively with cross functional teams to drive engineering initiatives
- Balance business and product priorities to deliver maximum impact
- Run sprints and plan out work for the sprint
- Manage and measure impact of your team by setting expectations and goals clearly
- Develop a team of world class engineers to keep them motivated, grow their technical expertise, and meet their career aspirations
- Cultivate an always learning environment for technical skill development and professional growth of the engineering team
- Drive continual process improvements in areas like unit testing, code review and CICD automation
- Take ownership for quality of design, architecture, and code of the product
- Spend half of your time on technical work and code
- Architect efficient and scalable backend systems
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability issues
Bachelor’s or higher degree in Engineering or related fields
>5 years of software engineering experience
>3 years of experience in leading and managing teams of engineers
Expertise building API based applications using Java related technologies such as Java Spring Boot
Proven track record of developing high performing teams capable of solving complex problems and delivering efficient, scalable solutions
Proven ability to lead technical direction of the team by engaging in technical discussions and advocating best practices
Track record of managing, recruiting and retaining strong engineering talent and growing effective teams
Experience in effectively executing and managing projects and achieving outcomes with clear communication
What You Will Need to Thrive
- Value teamwork above all.
- Natural curiosity to learn.
- Loves to work with code.
- Intrinsically motivated personality.
- High adaptability and strong problem-solving skills.
- Customer focused mindset.
- Self-starter who thrives on complexity and independence.